For a printable copy of the Membership form go to Link # 2 on the Events/Link page
Depending on the rules placed on us by the Government of New Brunswick due to COVID- 19, we hope to start bowling soon.
There are actions you can take to stay healthy and protect the people around you from viruses such as cold, flu and COVID-19:
- Handwashing is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your family from getting sick. Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Wash all surfaces while you sing the “Happy Birthday” song twice. Why? Washing your hands removes and kills viruses that may be on your hands.
- Practice coughing/sneezing etiquette. Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and dispose of the used tissue immediately. Why? When someone coughs or sneezes they spray small liquid droplets from their nose or mouth which may contain virus.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands. Why? Your hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, such as toys and doorknobs. Why? When someone coughs or sneezes they spray small liquid droplets from their nose or mouth which may contain virus that could contaminate a surface.
- Public Health is strongly recommending that the public wear non medical masks, also referred to as community face masks, when out in the community when physical distancing is challenging. Why? Wearing a face mask can be a way of covering your mouth and nose to prevent respiratory droplets from contaminating others or landing on surfaces. For more information on wearing or making masks please visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/prevention-risks/instructions-sew-no-sew-cloth-face-covering.html
Formed in 1990, the Fredericton Lawn Bowling Club began play in 1991. The Club operates under the auspices of rules and regulations approved by Bowls Canada Boulingrin and is a member of Bowls New Brunswick Boulingrin.
Open to players of all ages, the Fredericton Lawn Bowling Club offers a variety of events-league play, competitive play, tournaments, social events including barbecues. Lawn Bowling is easy to learn;its like curling on grass. Come enjoy the fun and friendliness of this outdoor sport.